rss icon Subscribe
desktop mobile

Motor Oil Acquires New U.S. Oil & Gas Exploration Rights

Posted by Joseph Keefe

MOTOR OIL (HELLAS) announced that MVU Brazos Corp. acquired on 21/12/2016 100% interest in the Brookshire Salt Dome Project, in USA from Texas Edwards Inc., with effective date 31/8/2016.

MVU Brazos Corp. ("MVB" - registered inUSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Motor Oil Vegas Upstream Limited (registered inCyprus). MOTOR OIL (HELLAS) S.A. holds 65% of the share capital of Motor Oil Vegas Upstream Limited with the remainder 35% belonging to Vegas Oil and Gas Limited.
Texas Edwards Inc. ("TE" - registered inUSA) is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Vegas Oil and Gas Limited.
The Brookshire Salt Dome Project currently consists of mineral and surface lease rights for an area of 78 square miles northwest of Houston, Texas. The lease rights were acquired to investigate the potential for oil and gas minerals trapped in the area.
For the above, MVB paid to TE USD 2.56 million plus costs incurred in the interim period.

Dec 28, 2016

 

Contracts

Wärtsilä Wins Contract to Outfit VLGC Pair

Wärtsilä delivers Cargo Handling and LPG Fuel Supply Systems for two new VLGCs for Oriental Energy. © Oriental Energy

Wärtsilä won a contract in April to supply the cargo handling and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)

Alfa Laval Tallies LPG Fuel Supply Systems Order in Japan

(Image: Alfa Laval)

Alfa Laval said it has won an order for three units of the Alfa Laval FCM LPG, the low-flashpoint

DCT Gdańsk Baltic Hub 3 Project: Invitation for Prequalification

© Olivier Le Moal/AdobeStock

DCT Gdańsk S.A. has started a prequalification process to tender for the Baltic Hub 3 Project.

Legal

U.S. Grants Jones Act Waiver to Company to Ease Fuel Supply Shortages after Cyber-attack on Pipeline

Credit: Jose Gil/AdobeStock

The U.S. government relaxed a long-standing maritime law protecting domestic shipping commerce to

US Ready to Review Jones Act Waiver Requests Amid Pipeline Shutdown

© Eric / Adobe Stock

The U.S. Transportation Department has completed its assessment of what ships are available to

Enviros Petition Feds for Whale-saving Slow Vessel Rule off Florida

© buenaventura13 / Adobe Stock

Environmental groups urged the U.S. National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) on Tuesday to

Maritime Apps